Small Claims

Regardless of your reasons for being referred to or electing to participate in mediation, all parties should attend with an open mind and with a list of possible solutions to resolve the dispute.

Small claims actions filed with the Brown County Courts can be referred by Court Commissioners to The Mediation Center of Greater Green Bay if the dollar amount is $10,000 or less.  Both parties will meet with a mediator at a scheduled time to work to formulate an agreement. 

  • If the financial issues are resolved through mediation, a formal mediation agreement is completed and filed with the Court.  The document is legally binding.
  • If a mediated agreement is not reached, an impasse hearing date is scheduled with a Brown County Commissioner to decide the matter.